Tornado watch until 2 a.m.
October 10, 2018 – The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center has issued a tornado watch until 2 a.m. Thursday. It is not too late to sign up for ALERTFlagler emergency notifications to stay informed.
It is important to remember that a watch means the conditions are favorable for tornadic weather, while a warning would mean that those weather conditions already exist.
“While we remain within a ‘marginal risk’ – a 2 percent chance of severe weather – the situation can change quickly,” said Emergency Management Chief Jonathan Lord. “We urge everyone to sign up for ALERTFlagler, because tornadoes, hail, and wind with isolated gusts up to 70 mph are possible.”
If a tornado warning issued, seek shelter immediately – preferably a small interior room on the lowest floor.
Residents and businesses that have not already done so are encouraged to enroll in ALERTFlagler (www.flaglercounty.org/alertflagler) to ensure they are notified of pertinent emergency information. A short instructional YouTube will assist with the enrollment process.
Stay updated with accurate local information at the following sites:
- Flagler County Emergency Management: www.FlaglerCounty.org/emergency
- Flagler County Emergency Services Facebook: www.facebook.com/FlaglerEOC
- Flagler County Emergency Services Twitter: www.twitter.com/FlaglerEM
- Flagler County Governement Facebook: www.facebook.com/FlaglerCountyGovernement
- Flagler County Emergency Services’ Twitter: www.twitter.com/FlaglerCtyGov