Veterans Advisory Council
- Established: Resolution 1984-20
- Function: To represent the various member service organizations and for carrying out the duties and responsibilities outlined below:
- Promote harmony and improve relationships among the various service organizations, inform the general public of the importance of the veteran and improve morale of the veterans; Promote patriotism;
- Assist all veterans in every way possible;
- Insure the Committee becomes a viable part of the community and a way of life in Flagler County;
- Make presentations, charters and proclamations to either City or County Commissioners when necessary;
- Work with the various private organizations to further the aims and objectives of the veteran and improve the way of life by assisting in jobs programs, working with the Chamber of Commerce, State Employment Service and the VA Regional Office; and
- Submit proposals, grievances and complaints to the Governors Veterans Advisory Council for all veterans, especially the Vietnam veteran, to improve and prevent loss of veterans benefits.
- Membership: Consists of seven members appointed by the organizations.
- Appointment Terms: 2 year appointments made January of each year.
- Meeting Information: Meets monthly the 1st Monday at 4:00 pm except as noted below: Meets the 2nd Monday at 4:00 pm in May and September
- Meeting Location: Government Services Building, 1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg 2, First Floor Conference Room, Bunnell, FL 32110
- Staff Liaison: David Lydon, Veterans Services Officer (386) 313-4042 or Eric Flores Febles 386-313-4043
Organization Appointee American Legion Post 115 Henry A. Mangels (Tanya Whitaker – Alternate) Amvets Post 113 David Franks CVMA Chapter 20-2 Daniel J. Waldron (Terry Howard – Alternate) Disabled American Veterans 86 Charlie Hanger (Freddie Vazquez - Alternate) Marine Corps League 876 Joseph Kowalsky (Anthony Martinez – Alternate) Military Officers Assn. of America John L. Morris (Neal McCoppin - Alternate) Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8696 Thomas Piekarski City of Palm Coast Liaison Jared Dawson
- Links to Agenda's, Minutes and Other Documents
2021 01 04 VAC Meeting Agenda and 2021 01 04 VAC Meeting Minutes
2020 12 07 VAC Meeting Agenda and 2020 12 07 VAC Meeting Minutes
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Descending Order within category