Sally's Safe Haven
Sally’s Safe Haven is a Supervised Visitation and Safe Exchange Center that opened in December 2014.
To contact the facility directly or to leave a message, please call 386-263-8771. The fax number is 386-313-6946.
An eligibility interview is required prior to services being provided. Every attempt is made to accommodate the schedules of parents and children when scheduling appointments. Clients needing accommodations for a disability and/or clients with special communication needs should contact their Children’s Home Society of Florida worker, or make their request for accommodation at the time of admission into a Children’s Home Society of Florida program.
Clients will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sally's Safe Haven gives families a chance for a safe future. Its visitation center provides families in crisis with a nurturing, safe, secure setting to foster healthy relationships.
Sally’s Safe Haven envisions a multicultural community, free of violence, offering a respectful and nurturing environment for families impacted by domestic violence. It ensures every adult victim and child has an equal opportunity for safety, justice, and respect.
Sally's Safe Haven Visitation Center of Flagler County
Sally’s Safe Haven provides a safe, affordable, age-appropriate and activity-appropriate means of visitation and exchange of children whose families have been involved in domestic relations cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking.
Sally's Safe Haven Visitation Center helps to:
- Reduce trauma and anxiety to children of batterers who are afraid that they or the non-abusive parent will be hurt or threatened during any contact.
- Eliminate the risk that adult victims and children will be physically abused or abducted during supervised visitation.
- Reduce the risk of emotional abuse during visitation and exchanges.
- To provide supervised visitations that are safe and appropriate in situations of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
Visits at Sally's Safe Haven are important because:
- The adult victims’ children are able to maintain a relationship with the non-custodial parents.
- The adult victims’ children see that the non-custodial parents still love them and want to visit with them.
- They foster a connection between non-custodial parents and the children, thus reducing feelings of abandonment.
- Children of adult victims are able to see their non-custodial parents, reducing worry about health and well being.
- Children of adult victims have an opportunity to slowly come to terms with separation or divorce of their parents, which can help the healing process.
- The visits are monitored and in a safe environment so adult victims know that they and their children are not alone.
Sally's Safe Haven was supported by Grant No. 2011-CWAX-K014, awarded by the Office of Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the authors, and do not reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on violence against women.
Six Guiding Principals
1. Equal Regard for the Safety of Children and Adult Victims Principal
2. Valuing Multiculturalism and Diversity Principal
3. Incorporating an Understanding of Domestic Violence into Center Services Principal
4. Respectful and Fair Interaction Principal
5. Community Collaboration Principal
6. Advocacy for Children and Adult Victims
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category