Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How do I get a Library card for me or my child?
- New Cards Eligibility: New Resident Library cards are free to applicants meeting any one of the criteria below:
• Permanent or legal resident of Flagler County.
• Property owner in Flagler County.
• Flagler County employee.
• Student attending school in Flagler County.
Reciprocal Borrower Cards: A resident of the State of Florida who resides in the service area or county with which Flagler County has established a formal borrowing agreement, and has been issued an FCPL borrower’s card in accordance with this policy. Currently only St. John’s County and Volusia County have reciprocal borrowing agreements with Flagler County.
Registration Requirements: Full-time residents must present his or her completed registration form, photo I.D. and proof of residency to include any of the following : a valid Florida’s drivers license; Florida state ID; voter’s registration/voters card; military ID; current rent receipt; checks imprinted with local address; legal mail; tax receipt; tax bill; property deed; utility bill; mortgage or lease agreement; vehicle registration; county employment ID; local college or high school ID; or, Library card from reciprocal counties. Part-time residents must complete the registration form, present a valid driver’s license or state ID, plus proof of residency.
Non-Resident Cards: Individuals with non-resident status may obtain a temporary library card for either 6 months for $15.00 or a full year for $30.00. Applicants must show valid driver’s license or State ID and provide local mailing information, as well as permanent address information. Military personnel and their families who are stationed in the State of Florida are eligible for a free card with Military ID.
Age Requirements: All individuals 16 or older may apply for a library card with a photo ID and proof of residency. Proof of age may also be required to establish eligibility as an adult. Cards will be issued for children from birth to age 15 with written consent of the parent or legal guardian. The responsible parent/legal guardian and child must both be present at the time of application, and the adult must provide proof of residency. The adult signature indicates acceptance of responsibility for all materials borrowed against the library card.
Replacement: Lost or stolen cards must be replaced at a cost of $2.00 per card. Proper ID must be shown in order to replace a library card. If your card is lost or stolen please report it immediately, as customers are responsible for all materials checked out on their card until a loss is reported.
Disabled/Homebound Patrons: Disabled/Homebound customers may designate a person to represent them at the library. This person will be authorized to check out materials using the library card of the homebound person. The name of the designated person will be listed in the customer library card account of the homebound person. The disabled/homebound person retains the responsibility for all materials checked out on the card.
- 2. How many items can I checkout, and how long can I keep my items?
All print materials and audio books will be checked out for a loan period of two (2) weeks. DVDs, Blu-Rays and VHS movies will be checked out for a loan period of one (1) week. There is a maximum of twenty (20) items per library card, however only five (5) of these items can be DVDs, Videos or Blu-Rays. Vacation rentals are available for audio books only at the customer's request. A maximum of four (4) audio books for a total of four (4) weeks is allowed. Circulation Policy
- 3.Can I renew my items, and how do I renew?
- Borrowed items - with the exception of items on reserve for another customer - may be renewed either in person, by phone, or online by logging on to your account through flaglerlibrary.org and selecting “Library Catalog” and then customer account. If renewing by phone, customers MUST call during normal business hours, have their library card number available, and speak with a staff member. Voicemail requests will NOT be accepted. Items may be renewed up to a maximum of (3) three times unless reserved by another patron.
- 4.Do you have a fax or scanning service?
- Yes, at the Main Library we have a Library Document Station that will print from computers, Fax or you can scan to email, flash drive, tablet, iPhone, or Android. The cost to print is $ .15/page. The cost to scan is $1.00/page and the cost to Fax is $2.00/page. The Bunnell Branch does not have a fax or scan service at this time.
- 5.Do you have computers I can use?
- Public access computers are free for up to 2 hours per day with a Flagler County Public Library Card. Printing from public access computers only is $ .15 per page. For visitors or non-residents a 2 hour day pass is available for $5.00 per day at the Reference Desk. Wireless access is available. All computer access is filtered.Internet Use Policy
- 6.Can you get material from another library for me?
- Interlibrary Loan Flagler County Public Library card holders may use the services of our Interlibrary Loan Department (ILL) for items which we do not own. We will accept ILL request forms in person during normal operating hours. There is a processing fee of $2.00 per item requested. Customers can also initiate their own ILL requests over the internet using Florida Navigator - payment for these items is due at the time of pickup.