The Flagler County Engineering Department is responsible for providing professional support for capital improvement projects and other assignments. Professional support includes:
- Manage capital projects from inception to completion, including conceptual planning, design, permitting with state and federal agencies, and construction.
Capital improvement projects may be categorized as:
- Roadway Improvements
- Intersection Improvements
- Bridge Structure Improvements
- Drainage/Stormwater Management Facilities
- Building/Structural Improvements
- Public Land/Park Improvements
- Monitor the safety and functional operation of the County’s transportation infrastructure and the development of public resources, such as parks and community facilities.
- Develop bid specifications and perform contract administration to make certain that projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Prepare and submit applications for Grant funding.
- Work with FDOT to coordinate funding opportunities for the County and Cities multi-year work programs.
- Provide technical support to other County departments.