Growth Management is currently in the process of implementing new permit tracking software. Implementation is a phased process that will continue to affect our permit review process until perfected. You may experience a longer review turn around than usual due to the phased upgrade. Please know that Growth Management is dedicated to providing the best customer service possible and that we appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. During the software transition, OPIS (Online Permit Information System) is available for legacy permit information as well as EnerGov CSS (Customer Self Service) for permits processed in EnerGov. EnerGov, Customer Self Service (CSS) https://energovweb.flaglercounty.org/css
If you are unable to locate the information needed on our website, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are experience a very high call volume at this time. In the event a Permit Technician is not available to take your call, please leave a detailed voicemail message. Inspections requested via voice mail or e-mail will be schedule for the next business day. Request cut-off is 4:30pm in order to schedule for the next business day.
The Building Department reviews building plans and conducts required building inspections, assesses potentially dangerous structures, and posts unsafe notices as needed.
The department also:
- Communicates with contractors, developers, citizens, and design professionals on code related issues, and maintains all permitting records as required by state law
- Provides a licensing program for locally licensed and registered contractors to work in Flagler County according to state law
- Monitors and regulates contractors' files to ensure proper licenses and insurance are in compliance with local and state regulations (when not in compliance, coordinates and notifies proper agencies of violations)
- Educates contractors and the public to the functions of the Building Department and associated codes, ordinances, laws, and rules
- Reviews plans and inspections for the Flagler County School Board and the City of Flagler Beach as requested through inter-local agreements
Codes • Ordinances • policy
Flagler County has adopted Florida Building Code 2014 series and National Electrical Code 2011.
Wind Speed Ordinance
Wind Speed Line Map
Mechanical Policy - Affadavit